1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Memphis, TN area 2 frizzle roosters looking for new home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Juliechickens, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Juliechickens

Juliechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Hi friends, this post is ONLY for sweet, kind, good chicken owners in or around the Memphis area. I have 2 white frizzle gorgeous roosters looking for a sweet kind home. They are beautiful but I have too many roos. I hatched these birds and love them dearly. They are so beautiful I never thought I would part with them but I also have 3 silkie roos and there is too much roo action going on around here. My chickens are spoiled and get fruit cocktail along with their starter feed daily. I hatched these roosters around Easter time in my incubator so they are still young. They are BANTAM size by the way. My birds are like my children and I'm only willing to part with them if I can find the perfect home. They have been held and loved. If you are interested in adopting them or one of them even please contact me on here by replying back or you can email me and tell me about your flock.
    My frizzles are used to other birds. They have been around silkies, RIR, cochin, lakenvelders, polish, wyandottes, orpingtons, and other various breeds. I have 23 birds in my flock and they all mengal together. However, these boys as small as they are think they are hot snot and they are the flock leaders of my flock. They do enjoy cockildoodle dooing so if you are looking for a silent roo these may not be your boys. They are drop dead gorgeous beautiful though but I have decided 5 roos is too many according to my neighbors who have to listen to them sing so I'm willing to part with only 2 of them and even that is hard for me.
    Please feel free to contact me here by replying back to this message or you can email me at [email protected]
    Thank you, Julie [​IMG]

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Hey girl. Long time no see!!! Hope you guys are ok and getting settled into the new house. I wish I could take these guys but as I told you before, I have severl roos myself. I need more pullets or I will have to get rid of some roos too. I still have your incubator and have put it up for safe keeping until you need it. Give me a call or shoot me an email and let me know how things are going. Good luck finding homes for the roos. I know they are beautiful. I would take them all if I could.

Marie

3. Juliechickens

Juliechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Hey Marie!!!!!! It's good to hear from you. I have not checked my email in 2 months if you can believe that. We had to pack up the old house and move into the new one and we have been here for 3 weeks now. It's so different! I'm so glad to hear from you. How are your chickens doing?? Mine are trying hard to endure this heat. I am giving them ice water and ice blocks to help and they love it. I'm also giving iced jello and of course the fruit cocktail which they love. No worries with the incubator, I'm not sure when I'll get it back but next time we make a road trip your way, I will email you and tell you. Tell me about your chickens and your job and health etc. Miss you! Julie [​IMG]

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    All my chicks are doing great. The white one I got from you, the one with the loopy neck, he is doing great and his neck is all better. He is a roo but is not crowing yet. But I can just tell. He is very roo'ish. And his comb is huge too. My one sizzle is crowing and is the only one so far. The babies I got from you are getting so big too. The cutest things ever. I told you the names right. One is Memphis, and I think it is a pullet. One is Elvis (black) and I think pullet there too. Two of them are light blue and I named one BB, (for BB King) and I think it may be a roo, the other one is named Blue, and I think pullet, and she has a regular comb, but so cute. The last one is much smaller than the rest and I named him/her Tiny. I think it is a pullet but it is too soon to tell really. So I have quite a few roos and will need to equal them out at some point. I have been giving mine ice and ice water and cold fruits like watermelon and cucumber and so forth. They are doing great. Glad to hear you guys are in the new house. I can imagine that it will take some time to adjust. I am doing ok health wise. About the same. I am struggling to keep my nerves in check lately which is my biggest concern given that I have kids. That has to be the worst part of Fibro is that I feel so anxious and irritated all the time. And it is so not fair to my family. But I just can't contol it. Sometimes the only way I can get any peace is to sit out there and watch the chickens and goats and relax. I have had sinus crud all week this week. But I am doing pretty good I guess. How about you??

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by