1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Men!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Athenzchick, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Athenzchick

Athenzchick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2010
    Athens Ohio
    My rooster earned his 3rd strike this evening. He attacked for the second time today, in addition to attacking me the other day. [​IMG] So I have decided I am done with his shenanigans and it's off to freezer camp for Mr Jerkface. So I come back to the house and tell my husband I'm finished with him and he sticks up for the dang bird! [​IMG] He didn't even want these chickens to begin with and now he's the butthead rooster's buddy. ARGH! I'm giving him one more week, the rooster not the husband. He shows any aggression at all and he's finished.

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Yeah, my DH said something similar. He told me that the rooster was a good protector, so what's the big deal. HELLO - I'm the one getting flogged here! It became where it was an almost daily occurrence. He even hit me at waist level once and I'm 5'8 and another time he gave me a softball sized bruise on my leg because he busted a vein in my leg. I tried everything to reform him, he was just a mean ole bugger to me. He didn't bother DH, my kids, strangers, etc - he just went after me. He's gone now, and hubby didn't get a say. It's not worth having to watch your back constantly.

3. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Oh I hope it goes well, and he turns nice again

4. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    No second chance in my house! I'd send the bugger off to freezer camp, with no arts and crafts scheduled for him in the morning

5. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    I'm confused... the rooster or the hubby? [​IMG]

My hubby wanted to keep our boys. I just did the dirty deed after he left for work. He was a little sad the first time, but after 5 roos, he just shrugs. NO rooster flogs me!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  6. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I am so happy I do not have that problem. Mr Fluffers is the best boy. And Roger always bite me than wants me to hold him and let him on my shoulder. I don't think its mean bites... I think it his love nips... But dang if they don't hurt sometimes. LOL

If I had a mean roo thou... I'd learn the ins and outs of chicken butchershop quick.

7. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I wish we could have a rooster.. I guess when the kids are older... and we get a good one. He's be gone toute suite.. Hubby would probably go after him with a gun. Sorry.. I hope he is good to you.

8. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I've had this newspaper clipping a long long time... Your situation reminded me of it.

[​IMG]

9. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Quote:That is funny. Reckons the rooster is doing what the hubby wants too? Just saying.[​IMG]

Thanks. I can't stop laughing.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by