mentor opportunity!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by thisPeep, Jan 18, 2017.

1. thisPeep

thisPeep Just Hatched

Jan 18, 2017
    This is my first time on here,so here goes! I'm doing my senior project about chickens and I need a mentor. In this project I will be discussing the advantages of having free range chickens. I plan on testing my chicken's eggs and comparing them to the store eggs. My end goal is to get people to consider or even start their own backyard farm. Unfortunately, If anyone considers becoming my mentor they would have to live near Wichita, Ks. I'm a fun and respectable person that looks forward to meeting my possible mentor. Fingers crossed!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Maybe if you post on your state thread, it may help -
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Wishing you the best. You might also try putting up a notice at your local feed store. I'm gonna ask you if you are a minor, but DON"T ANSWER THAT QUESTION HERE. If you are a minor, your parents need to be involved. This day in age, any face to face or even media or telephone contact with a possible mentor is fraught with issues that could be harmful to you AND YOUR FAMILY. Proceed with caution, under your families guidance.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  6. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

What LG said, there are creepers all over the internet I would actually go a bit further and delete the post. Try FFA or 4H

Be safe

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

7. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @thisPeep, so sorry, I forgot to say welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by