Meredith Viera and the Today Show

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 14, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This has been pestering my senses since this morning. Meredith Viera is on TV interviewing someone on the state of the economy and she is wearing Christian Laboutin boots. Seems a bit ironic to be discussing everyone's downfall in a pair of $2100 boots......

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    That would sure buy a lot of fabric or Tupperware, wouldn't it?

3. debilorrah

It would buy a lot of something that's for sure. I mean what is she thinking wearing a pair of boots that any shoes fanatic can recognize......

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm not big on their show anyway, they annoy me. But I can honestly say I would have never noticed the boots or known what they were. But I agree, don't discuss bad economics when you can afford those!

5. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Yappy Fingers? Fainting Chickens? And $2100 boots? Good grief! I take a few days off from plotting, and look what happens! I can honestly say that I will cheerfully spend money on GOOD shoes, but then again, I wear them 'til they die on my feet and flap into the trash! I just don't understand how people can be so unconscious of the impression they present to the world.

6. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    I don't like the today show either, and I hate that they extended the time so they cancelled my soap opera passions! Sometimes the more wealthy people contradict themselves when talking about money.....did that make sense..I almost forgot how to spell sense [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

Quote:You made my point - thank you. I actually like the two of them, but that was just poor thinking. GOOD shoes to me are the ones at Macy's that may cost $100-$200 and wear them for years. Not $2100 boots, heck that guys shoes alone cost around $800. If you have never seen them you need to google the guy. they really are gorgeous shoes - just not in front of an audience that is so broke they can't pay attention.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by