1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mereks and Probiotics.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by lisasstratton, Jan 25, 2016.

1. lisasstratton

lisasstratton New Egg

Oct 25, 2015
    Unfortunately, I recently lost a hen to Mereks disease, ( I had her Autopsied) and I've read that probiotics can help keep my other hens immunity up. I purchased some Probios powder and I'd like to add it to their feed, Has anyone used Probios and know the ratio? I can't add it to their water, as I use automatic watering cups. Thanks so much!

2. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

It would be very difficult to mix in their feed and not have it wind up in the bottom of their feeder uneaten. I would really recommend making fermented feed for them (also highly beneficial) and mixing the powder in to that!

Here is an excellent article to help you with fermented feed. I know it sounds weird, but believe me, chickens go NUTS for it!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/no-strain-hot-water-easy-fermented-feed-method-w-video

1 person likes this.
  3. gander111

gander111 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    Jamul, CA
    Thank you so much for the info.

4. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

You're welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by