Merrick's Blue Ribbon Poultry Electrolyte Pack

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ecse129, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ecse129

ecse129 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    I am putting Merrick's blue ribbon poultry electrolyte pack in my duckling's water (what the guy at the feed store recommended). It says it has niacin supplement in it but doesn't say how much. I am feeding them Nutrena Nature Wise Chick Starter Grower (18% Crumbles) as they didn't have anything for ducklings. Do I need to supplement with something else?

2. The Duck ABC's

The Duck ABC's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Finally someone who has a brain. He gave you good advise. I googled the product and it does not state how much niacin, but I would not be concerned since the feed has some too. Both together are probably right. Add a few pureed or whole peas to their food and you don't have to worry. I buy frozen peas at Walmart and defrost them as needed. Read the packaging of the frozen peas, some companies add salt. The Walmart brand does not. Keep them on the electrolyte water mix for 2 weeks and then weekly until they are 3 months old. Giving it monthly or every 2 weeks after that is also a good idea. For feed keep them on what you have until finished off and then get Nutrena Naturewise Grower/Developer with 17% protein. Add oyster shell on the side once they are laying or 5 months old. The drakes don't need oyster shell, but the girls will take it as needed from a bowl next to the food. Again, oyster shell is not needed until they are laying egg.

3. ecse129

ecse129 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks for the info!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by