Merry Christmas all

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CelticOaksFarm, Dec 23, 2011.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    We are super busy around here, but wanted to say Merry Christmas. Anyone else setting eggs right now? We have 200 chicken, 9 Sebastopol goose, and 6 call duck eggs already.

2. Ducks and Banny hens

Ducks and Banny hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    On a little Farm.
    No, I'm not setting eggs now. As a general rule, I operate under the old way of thinking, that hatchlings at this time of year are lower quality than spring hatchlings. Nobody knows why, though. Speaking of which, my Bow Lake hen laid her first egg today! [​IMG] [​IMG] {yippeee}

Merry Christmas COF!
    Merry Christmas, from our ducks to your's!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:its been quaite busy here to [​IMG] merry christmas! [​IMG]

nope, nothing on our farm is laying. but im setting aton in spring [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    I'm so ready for after christmas...So much going on, hoping to get birds shipped off once holiday rush settles and hoping to receive my surprise christmas gift to myself (a brinsea bator) after christmas as well. Can't wait to start setting eggs.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Merry Christmas to you! 200 chicken eggs? Wow!
    Kansaskid, sounds like a great Christmas present.
    I'm waiting for my birthday to get myself what I want, I can't get my geese until around then anyway. [​IMG] I have 2 duck eggs and 5 quail eggs in the incubator right now. I'll be setting more eggs after awhile, but these are my first batch from my birds so I want to see how fertility is before I set more. And either it's my incubator (LG so quite possible [​IMG] ) or my birds, because so far it seems about 50/50. So I may be waiting to let their hormones kick in a bit before I try again.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS! noone sitting here,lol well I am sitting here typing, but not one of my birds is sitting, just enjoying all the blessing I have and waiting till spring when my girls want to go broody. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  7. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    Merry Christmas to all of you, and thank you for your kindness, advice, and entertainment this year. I have learned so much from so many here, and had a lot of fun doing it.

I finally finished baking 250 6 packs of cinnamon buns (the first baker in our restaurant who has done it without help) and can focus on my family, critters, and all the great things that have come to us this year.
    I just wish I didn't feel like I got hit by a truck. Time for heavy doses of Ibuprofen, carols & Christmas cookies.

Have a safe & happy holiday. [​IMG]
    From my backyard flock to yours [​IMG] .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by