Merry Christmas Pic heavy!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Frozen Feathers, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Hey all. I wanted to thank you for the condolences and kind words you all had of my recent loss. [​IMG] I'm am now thinking a raccoon?? Whatever it was pried the little pop door on the run open just enough to pop out a the clasp of the locking eye hook I had on there. I told my neighbor two houses down about it (he has about 15 laying hens)and he's setting a trap. [​IMG] We usually never see coons around, but I guess early snow and cold temps forced them to look for easy prey??

Anyhow, the 3 older Silkies I have left are doing good. I think Zeus was just scared out of his mind, but they are in my cellar (along with young ones I hatched out from Lisa) and doing good. My DH is none to impressed to have birds in the house, but he's also not pleased with the amount of money I spent building up the flock just to have them wiped out. I'll be able to rebuild my flock, well the blues and splashes anyway, with the nice ones I have from Lisa. The greys are going to be harder to replace I think. I bought Athena and Zeus from MN and Hera was just a luck of the draw who came from NH.
    Okay enough rambling. [​IMG]

I took some pictures of our road trip yesterday and then today we went to my mom's. I hope you enjoy the pictures of my beatiful state!

[​IMG]
    Headed east to the coast.
    [​IMG]
    This is somewhere around Belfast I believe.
    [​IMG]
    This is the new bridge over the Penobscot they built in Buckport, near Fort Knox (the Maine version). You can see the old bridge behind it.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the view from that bridge.
    [​IMG]
    This is about 25 miles from my Grandma's. You're looking out across the bay to Bar Harbor.
    [​IMG]
    Now the western end of the state, up to my Mom's. My BFF lives on this hill. My mom lives about 2 miles away from here.
    [​IMG]
    Surrounded by mountains.
    [​IMG]
    On the same hill
    [​IMG]
    Another angle on the hill
    [​IMG]
    Same hill.
    Hope you enjoyed!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  2. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Looks like you live in a very gorgeous state. Sorry about your losses as well.

3. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Nice photos Angie. My family is from Stonington, so I have travelled that way many times. Always relaxing for me to see the water again.

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Really nice, I have not been up to Maine in awhile and it truly is a beautiful state. We had a sunny day here too but they are calling another Nor'easter tomorrow I think the weather said as of last night.
    And Angie I just want to throw in that last March I lost just about my whole flock and it was all my fault. I went to bed and left the pen and coops unlocked and you can only imagine what I woke up to. I definately wanted to give the whole chickens thing up after that, they were all young gorgeous hens who had not even really started laying yet. Butttttttt, we make mistakes, things happen, and chickens are predator magnets. I like them more in my life then out of it!! So on I went and rebuilt it back up and you will too. It has happened to just about all of us!!!

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Beautiful pics.
    My grandmother's best friend moved up to Belfast and my Aunt's ex is up there too, almost to Canada.
    And a lady I met on Freecycle, who I introduced to chickens, is up there too running a B&B.

6. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Thanks for the photos, We rarely see the white stuff here!

Did not catch the predator post but will check it out. Sorry for your losses !!
    Randy

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Beautiful pictures! That must be why no one from Maine moves to North Carolina! [​IMG]

8. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Maine seems very beautiful and remote. You are lucky to live in a such a lovely state that seems not to be overly exploited by people.

9. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:It's a long ride... My Grandma and Aunt live in Milbridge, which is about an hour and a half to west of Lubec, the most eastern point of the USA. I used to spend my summers in Milbridge and we'd go to Bar Harbor, Campabella Island and Schoodic Point.

Another cool thing, my Grandma lives across from the Wyman "mansion" it's kind of annoying because all the tourist stop and take picture of it from her porch. Wyman's wild blueberries anyone? [​IMG]

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    pretty part of the country you have there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by