1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Merry Christmas to Me . . . From My Chickens!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dsegel, Dec 24, 2007.

1. dsegel

dsegel Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2007
    Finally!!!! After two months (got 6 of them October 21st), I got my first 2 eggs today! I'm so excited!

I usually go down every day and feed, water, etc. but I was so wrapped up (pardon the pun) in Christmas details, my husband did it for me today. Late this afternoon I said something about them and he said, "Oh, by the way, one of the chickens was in a nesting box when I went down this morning." That is the FIRST TIME in 2 months that either of us has seen one actually in a nesting box! I got so excited I decided to go down to the barn right then and, sure enough, there were two eggs! What an exciting Christmas present!!! [​IMG]

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Denise in SW PA

2. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG] Way to go chickies.

Merry Christmas

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hooray!!!

4. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    yeeeha

5. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Merry Christmas!

6. branagh

branagh Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Hi,

This morning I went out to my hen house and to my surprise there was a my first newly hatched warm egg and on Christmas Eve to boot. A couple of hours later there was another.

When I bought my day old chicks back in early August, we said that they should start laying around Christmas time. Great timing I'd say.

Merry Christmas to all!

Robert

7. rdranch

rdranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Strasburg,CO
    They were just waiting for the right time. [​IMG]:yiipchick

8. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    See, Santa IS the real deal!

9. hoosierhen

hoosierhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2007
    Indiana
    My chickens haven't given me eggs yet, but they got me a cool BYC shirt promising breakfast!! My DD said: "Are you really going to wear that?" I said YES!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by