Merry Christmas to me...My first egg....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ol'FashionHen, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    I was soo egg-cited [​IMG] Friday evening I went out to check on my biddies and low and behold there layed an egg behind the door. My sweet little silkie she made me an egg [​IMG]. She made me another one Saturday too [​IMG]. Sunday....nothing but maybe today. I will post pics in a day or two for ya'll. [​IMG]

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

That's such an exciting feeling, isn't it? My Silkies don't lay every day, either.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yahoooo! how wonderful! blessings for more yummy eggs! [​IMG]

4. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    [​IMG]

5. UP_Chicken_Lover

UP_Chicken_Lover Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2008
    Western UP of MI
    Isn't it fantastic?! My girls started laying November 24 - we have now gotten a even dozen. One day two eggs and yesterday there were three!

6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't it great? Makes you feel you're getting it right...congrats!

7. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

congratulations to you! [​IMG] I remember the first eggs we got from our girls - we were all so excited!

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Aww... a silkie's first egg. Before you know it she'll go broody for the first time, too. [​IMG]

I think that silkies only go broody once, though. The problem is that they never go un-broody!

9. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    She gave me an egg Friday and Saturday. She has not given me anymore yet. But she acts like she is... running around being noisy and her hubby runs around behind her always checkin' out what she is doing. I put out a box on the floor just for her, she got in straighten up house right away while her hubby sat in front of the opening making sure nobody was peekin' in on her and of course everybody in the hen house was very curious as to what she was doing, but her hubby was not havn' it he was flapping his wings at em' [​IMG], to cute they are. And Bernedette my sweet lorpie girl all she wants to do is roost on the bottom nest and poop all in it [​IMG]. Oh and thanks everybody [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  10. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    How cool! Don't you feel like you're in a different club all of a sudden? I'm sooo happy for you - way to go little silkie!!!! I love the story of her hubby guarding her while she fixes up her nest. That is too cute!

[​IMG][​IMG]:love

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by