Merry Christmas! Wii remote through the TV!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pokes79, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Pokes79

Pokes79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    The kids were playing the Wii and managed lose control of the remote and broke the TV scree, 52" Samsung LCD. I wonder if there is anything that can be done short of buying a new TV.

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Oh no!! That was our greatest fear when we got the kids a WII back in the summer. Ouch!

Is there any chance that your homeowners would cover it and would the deductible be less than the cost of a new TV? Just a thought...

[​IMG]

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    May I suggest the wriststraps for future play.

4. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    The remotes have straps...Mine don't get to play unless they are wearing that strap! Gosh I'm sorry for you! I would be so mad....

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh no! Does the TV still work?

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I've seen you tube vids of that happening! [​IMG]

Sorry to laugh, it must really suck! I kinda doubt there's much that can be done for it.
    MIL's TV is way up high, over 4' above the floor. I think it's out of range of most projectiles. Maybe mount the new one higher?
    I've also heard of people putting a sheet of plexiglass over the TV for wii gaming.

7. Pokes79

Pokes79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    No kidding on the wrist straps. They are supposed to use them. The TV turns on but the screen is cracked with tons of vertical lines

8. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    LOL< sorry!

We watched many videos about this before we got one.

Hubby says, "it says it on the box strap those things on". He also says, "maybe santa will get you a new tv next year."

9. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Oh wow I am so sorry to hear that! We got the family a Wii and we make sure they all have the wriststraps on or they aren't allowed to play. That even goes for the adults. Good luck with figuring out if you can "fix" the tv...

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Call a TV repair and see what they say about screen replacements. Depends on the damage behind the screen I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by