Merry Christmas!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Miss Sebright, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Miss Sebright

Miss Sebright Little Hen.....Big Attitude!

Apr 3, 2009
    In a nutshell
    What are YOU doing for Christmas?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am cooking for family and having a good relaxing time with those I love. And some I love are absent for good reason.

3. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Working..............but I have the weekend off! [​IMG]

Prime Rib and Yorkie pudding on Saturday [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  4. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Taking gifts to the kids and having lobster and prime rib in peace and quite without their mess to clean up after! He He He!
    Going to dinner at my neighbor/ best friends house a couple times over the weekend! Shes having three different dinners one of which will be ham abd one tacos...not sure about the other!

5. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Thanks for asking!

DH is working night shift on Christmas eve... he'll get home around 7:30am on Christmas morning. My 8yo DD is a little bummed out that she has to wait until her daddy gets home to open her presents. My mother, brother, his wife and their baby are coming to spend the night with us Christmas Eve - so we will have plenty of company that night and Christmas morning.

After we open presents, we'll take off about 2 hours up the road to see the extended family at "The Nana's" house, and do the Chinese Gift Exchange - always a blast.

The next day we'll go to my Dad's house and have Round 2 of Christmas present opening with his kids and our DD.

I don't know about anyone else, but while I love seeing family and friends and celebrating Christmas - I'm looking forward to being done with December Holidays. Bring on January!

6. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    Merry Christmas! I'll be spending Christmas Eve with my family, relaxing... exchanging gifts... chowing down on a prime rib roast... and counting my blessings!!!

7. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    We have Christmas with my In-laws at my house on Sunday (20th). The plans are for ham & turkey sandwich tray with fixin's, potato salad, deviled eggs and then snacky stuff for nibbling on - cheese balls, cocktail weenies, etc. The cool part is, there is a large extended family in our little town that carol on the SUnday before Christmas. So we all get to enjoy their visit to our house during our Christmas visit too. This year I'm making a hot punch for them because we're expecting some cold temps on Sunday afternoon.

Christmas at my house is just DH, me and the kids. Oldest (DS 16) will work from noon to 8 at his job at the radio station making sure all is on track and no dead air (can you tell who is lowest on the pecking order there?? LOL) so we'll just have a lazy day playin with new toys, lounging around the house and stuff.

For my extended family we get together the Saturday after Christmas with no gifts (LOVE IT!!) and just bring snack foods and desserts. Grandma hosts us and she'll have a crockpot of sloppy joes and one of BBQ for sandwiches. We play cards and visit all day long. It is the BEST~ the one gathering I really look forward to in the holiday season [​IMG]

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Happy holidays & Merry Christmas. We will be at home as it should be, baking/cooking calling relitives that live far away, and pretty much just enjoying family and friends during this great holiday season.

AL

9. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    We're going to be relaxing, and I have to figure out where I am going to put my new coop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and playing with chickies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by