messy hatch!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sillystunt, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    :confused:This was the most messy hatch i have ever had!!! First, power down for 6 hours. Then all started hatching except 2 which is great! But i had them getting sticky and wet before breaking though completly. Then they had sticky goo over butt like messy after birth. Sorry to be so gross and graphic [​IMG] It was so bad i woke up to check and one was stuck to paper towel. Not looking good for him either. He can't lift his lil head. [​IMG]
    I had temp in hatcher at 101(no fan) and humidity was 70ishh(when they came out it rose to 80)

Just a weird hatch for me, never had it so sticky, slimmy and gooey.

On a better note............3 quail hatched(1 brown, 2 white) 2 silkies. 1 ee & 1 lemon blue OEGB and then poor sickly Lemon blue OEGB [​IMG]

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Thats odd.. Sorry to hear the lil ones not doing great.. Congrats on the others ...

3. abbykis

abbykis New Egg

Apr 8, 2015
    Alabama
    Did your babies turn out okay after hey hatched??? I have a gosling that just hatched and it's super messy and I'm just wondering if it'll be okay once it dries. It looks very messy and I'm hoping it will be alright eventually, but I just want to know if yours turned out healthy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by