Metal bolt in childs food what the heck !

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sierra pachie bars, Apr 18, 2011.

  1. Sierra pachie bars

    Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

    Nov 8, 2008
    My daughter was hungry yesterday so she likes a local place by us . Its called rodeo burger. I went thru the drive thru and bought three buritos for my kids. So we go home shortly after my daughter comes up to us and says mom this was in my food. Sure enough it was a metal bolt in her food. I went back and they said sorry. I am not wanting anything but totally happy my daughter realized something was off. She said at first she thought her dental spacers had come loose or broken. Needless to say she wont ever eat there again. I wont either. Could have been bad had I had it because I have crowns on both sides of my mouth. She was not harmed just shocked. What upset me was the cook gave me a look like I was full of it. They don't know HOW it got in there ! My thoughts are explain how the heck a metals bolt got in her food ! I mean ok a hair but a bolt ??? Makes me think twice about ever eating out again. My hubby is ticked.
     
  2. Cetawin

    Cetawin Chicken Beader

    13,752
    58
    333
    Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am sorry that happened. More than likely it happened at the processing plant where the burgers are made and a bolt fell off of something and got punded into the burger. still how horrible for her.
     
  3. Sierra pachie bars

    Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

    Nov 8, 2008
    I am sure they will check into their supplier. My daughter was more worried abut getting sick from it. I assured her she won't. A lot of friends are like sue them. But i think it was a accident , no harm was done thank God. I am rather greatful she chewed her food , lol you know how most kids inhale. I think sometimes my boys do not even taste their food. They did offer to make her something else but she was rather umm no thank you. I bet they will be a lot more careful no doubt. It had to be in the beans and i don't get how it got missed making the burrito. They did go to dump their beans.
     
  4. debilorrah

    debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

    Quote:I am very thankful to see that you realize this was an accident. I live in the state of Sue Them If You Can - CA.
     
  5. Dunkopf

    Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

    Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    My daughter took a bite of a sausage biscuit at McDonalds and when she went to take the next bite and there was half a cockroach in the sandwich. We took it to the counter and they switched it out for us. Stuff happens. I was at Tony Romas with a contractor that was buying my dinner. He took a bite of his cole slaw and there was a chunk of white plastic in it. Looked just like the cabbage. He told the waiter who offered a free desert. The contractor started talking about his bridgework and the next thing the manager was giving him the dinners for free along with deserts and a couple coupons for free dinners. The plastic was from the 5 gallon bucket the cole slaw came in.

    I think the sue happy attitude is a nationwide thing. I'm in the auto insurance business and claimants are always trying to get every cent they can. They want to be paid for the time it takes them to cash their settlement check.

    Good thing your daughter didn't hurt herself.
     
  6. Sierra pachie bars

    Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

    Nov 8, 2008
    I live in Caifornia too. I just figure no harm done. It could have been bad ,but wasn't . Just really makes you think how many things or hands touch your food before it gets to you.
     
  7. PineappleMama

    PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

    I think the fact that you didn't want anything, in fact refused them remaking the food, is probably what made them realize it wasn't a joke or a con... had you allowed a remake or anything they'd likely have just kept serving out of that batch and who knows if there wasn't another bolt, or maybe the nut, still in there. Glad to hear no one hurt and that they did what was needed to prevent anything else going wrong and that they offered to compensate, whether you accepted or not. NOT to sound patronizing but it's NICE to hear about a situation like that being handled SO WELL by everyone involved. Like the others I've noticed the sue-happy, I Got Mine attitude that's going nuts (and literally running doctors out of business because they can't afford malpractice insurance, leaving some people with no doctor at all esp. in rural areas, particularly bad in obstetrics)... so it restores my faith in humanity a little bit to hear this. Thank you so much for sharing!!
     
  8. whiteflare

    whiteflare Out of the blue

    Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Quote:I have to agree with you on that one. Thankfully, nothing like that has happened to myself or anyone I know. I tend not to count little bits of plastic, they seem to wedge themselves into all sorts of places. I guess they're in a rush to prepare so much fast food...
     
  9. ChooksinChoppers

    ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    My daughter found peices of glass in a jar of spaghetti sauce once! she got some in her mouth but thank God it was a big enough peice and not a sliver, she didnt get cut......I called the company and let them know and they seemed shocked (gave them the code off the bottle) and said they would be taking care of it immediately and sending me all kinds of coupons (which they did) [​IMG] hey stuff happens all the time..no point in sueing.
     
  10. schellie69

    schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    So glad that no one was hurt. I hear all the time about suing people. Mistakes happen.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by