metal feeder ideas???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by digginchicks, Mar 30, 2009.

1. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    I have a metal feeder that I have already made that will hold about 65+ pounds of feed and 30lbs. of grit and 30lbs of shell. The feed is in the center with the other two compartment on the other sides. It works very well for feeding the flock but I would like some metal feeder ideas for a sincle bird. I know about the mason jars and everything but I would like something a little bigger that I can mount on a cage. Any Ideas or even drawings would be great!!! I was trying to think all day at school about it and made a few sketches but there wasn't anything that I could really think of that would be not super hard to make but look very nice. I can do almost anything with the metal so that isn't a problem since i have access to a sheet metal shop [​IMG]

2. gmzamz

gmzamz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Monticello, MN
    Quote:Ohhhhh, the horror,( unless they have a run [​IMG] )

you could just cut a hole in the cage and do something like this...

_________l

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Then I probably shouldn't tell you that mine are cooped/penned/caged 24/7 then.... [​IMG]

The pre-fab rabbit feeders are usually pretty reasonable, only a few bucks, and they work great! I love them.

4. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    gmzamz that is what the one I have looks like kindof but i didn't think about cutting a hole in the cage. I was just askin cause i didnt know how opening it in the cage would work so that does help

PouletsDeCajun how many birds do you have caged up???

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

6 in one pen, 5 in another, 7 in another, and 3 in single cages... i think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by