Metal Framed Unique Chicken/Small Animal Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by georgec-s, Aug 9, 2011.

1. georgec-s

georgec-s New Egg

Aug 9, 2011
    Hello Everyone,

Im currently doing some market research for a manufactiring company based in the West-Midlands and would like to find out wether you guys, the end user would use or desire a unique metal framed chicken/small animal coop ...? I believe because of its flat pack ... easy self assemble frame , it offers ultimate security and desirabilty to many different types of end user i.e colour schemes etc ..

Your feedback will be much apperciated !

Many Thanks,
    George:D

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    This is just my two cents. personally, I would never buy a pre-made coop, I would build my own. Metal is too heavy and expensive to ship and would be too hot for the Texas heat.

3. Young Heritage

Young Heritage Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2010
    Monterey TN
    My experience has been it is cheaper to build your own as pre-built units are very expensive for the square footage. If the price per square feet was close to the same cost as building your own then I think pre-built coops would have a much better following/response. I would also agree the shipping would not be something I would want to pay on a heavy metal structure. Flat pack or not.

4. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    If it is just the metal frame structure kit and we add our our plywood etc, just make a frame kit at a decent price

5. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    Sounds very interesting.... Many people buy premade coops. I'm sure they would sell well.

6. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    Quote:x2

7. johnwhickey

johnwhickey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    Not interested in pre-made or a kit, but I had thought about building a coop using metal studs and hardy board. Now I am back to designing a coop made out of wood.

8. RandyDR

RandyDR Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2011
    Delta, Colorado
    I would never buy a pre-made coop or run. There always too small, and never actually secure enough, it's always made to look pretty instead of being made for protection.

9. Mama_Bear

Mama_Bear Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2007
    North Tx
    Quote:x2

Yep and pictures would help in evaluating the question.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by