Metzer Farms quality...

I can't speak for their quailty yet.......but there customer service is the best. I got to speak to John Metzer the other day. He is so smart and knowledgable about everything. I will likely order from them in 2012 also.

I love my Mezer babies. They are healthy and the clowns of my flock. Granted my Runners are not as standup as they should be compared to my drake who I got from another BYC person and he is a Holderreads Runner. He is very tall compared to my females from Metzers...but them again they are still only 5 months old. Metzers will sex your duck wich is a BONUS..you get what you ask for, but Holderreads dont sex their ducks. I am ordering Holderreads Runners this year (Money is being sent today), granted I get what I am given. Its up to you if you want hatchery birds or better quality birds. Good Luck in what ever you do. Calculate 10 birds with shipping from Metzers and do the same with Holderreads...there isnt much difference really.

I love my metzer ducks, but there is a huge difference in type, at least in runners, between metzers and holderreads.

Here's Choopiter, a metzer runner

P1010193.jpg

And Molly, another metzer runner

Molly-1.jpg

Here are Holderread runners:

073.jpg

003.jpg

P1010341.jpg

Except for the black runners, I bought his cheapest adult birds.

Holderreads = show duck quality, bred for conformation to std.

Metzer = production duck quality, bred for balance in appearance and produtivity.

I would buy H's if the intention is to show or breed.

Quote:
There is no brainer, Holderreads is not much expensive than anything else. Holderreads birds are a bargain.

His birds are superior to anything else on the market, and they are the best.

If I was to order any waterfowl from hatchery that would be from Holderreads.

And this guy is going to retire soon too. He already gave up on Ancona duck breed.

If you want the best birds for honest price go Holderreads until you can.

If you are super CHEAP get them elswhere, you'll get what you paid for, or you may not even get what you paid for.

I do not get it, some people here are so cheap they claim that if a baby bird cost (for exemple) $3.50 from a proven breeder or hatchery as oppose to $3.00 from who/knows/what/outlet or Craiglist, the $3.50 bird is "very expensive".

LOL

If you want quality, don't buy from a hatchery.

If you want good utility birds then hatcheries are the way to go.

Quote:
These are black runners? I can't tell by the tail since it isn't in the pic, but are the males the more greenish of them? And the female (behind that beautiful greenish one) more black and less of the green?
Beautiful!

Wonder if i can convince DH to have one of each color LOL

Back
Top Bottom