1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MetzerFarms Group Order in S. California

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Trifolium, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Trifolium

Trifolium Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2016
    Los Angeles, California
    Hello

If anyone is interested in doing a group order for ducklings or goslings from Metzers to save on fees and shipping cost, let me know.

I'm looking to get a pair of goslings from Metzer starting March/April when they start selling them. If I ordered individually, they would charge a super small order charge and extra heating requirement charge which more than doubles the cost.

I'm in the Los Angeles county area. If you may be interested in the coming months, let me know.

Their website is: http://www.metzerfarms.com/

2. revans2003

revans2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2015
    I m definitely interested.

3. Trifolium

Feb 1, 2016
    Los Angeles, California

revans2003, Do you know how many babies you plan to order so we can have an idea how close we are to the minimum order size? And where are you located?

4. revans2003

revans2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2015

Somewhere between 1 & 3 goslings/ducklings. Not enough to meet the minimum order but at least we can split the shipping. I'm in San Diego.

5. Trifolium

Feb 1, 2016
    Los Angeles, California
    Between San Diego and Los Angeles, that's about 240 miles roundtrip... My truck would take about 13 gallons for that trip! I don't think either of us would save on shipping if we had to drive that distance unless it was going to happen for other reasons, but I'll take a note your interest regardless.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by