Metzer's Golden 300 Hybrid for egg production?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Denninmi, May 10, 2011.

1. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
  2. Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Sore Thumb Suburbanite Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    orange county
    I got my gold star hybrids from mcmurray, same picture provided and info. I like my ducks so far, they are almost 9 weeks, not ready to lay yet so I can't evaluate that performance. They matured quickly, have a lot of personality, eat modest amounts, are a little flighty compared to indian runners and are the first ones to figure out anything. Oh, and they are really fast and sorta loud. Currently my dominant femal hybrid is testing the dominance of the 2 male geese I have, she is very defiant. When i get rid of the geese, she will inevitably be the leader of the pack. I hope they lay well, I will report on that when laying commences in august.

The coloring of mine are much like rouens mixed with a little mallard-on the dark side too compared with the picture. They are also pretty big-I only have a runner to compare to, but these ducks look like they will be about 7lbs at maturity.

If they lay like the hatcherys say they do, they are worth the effort.

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    I have two. I love them. They are super sweet and lay an egg every day.

4. DuckLover9138

DuckLover9138 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    This will be such a great mother's day present a decade in the future!!!

5. Redwood Violet

Redwood Violet Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2010
    Humboldt County, CA
    I have five golden 300 layers: three hens and two drakes. I love them. They are calm and easy to handle and they do have good production. I have nothing bad to say about them, even the drakes are pretty easy on the rest of my ladies. (I've got 24 ducks all told).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by