Mexican Bobwhite

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ericwaddle3, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ericwaddle3

ericwaddle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Just got some Butlers, but I seen some of these guys and I think they look really neat. Thinking about getting another project going. Are they any different than raising regular Bobwhite? Found some eggs on ebay, and I'm considering getting them, or from some place else.

2. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i am pretty sure when it comes down to it, a bob is a bob, and a coturnix is a coturnix, regardless of color

of course with bobs, the bigger they are, the harder they bite

3. sixshooter60

sixshooter60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Stuart Oklahoma
    yeah i saw those too and thought they looked really cool.. i have some ten reds in the bator now but would not mind having a few of those mexican .dont know anything about them myself and cant seem to find much info on here about them

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    A bob is a bob. They are all raised the same.

Like coturnix, bobs have color varieties as well [​IMG] The Mexican Speckles are pretty!

5. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    We may venture into this one and the snow flake come spring. Beautiful!

6. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    Quote:i'm thinking about getting a bob pair or something, i really like the Tennessee reds

7. chick magnet

chick magnet Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    I use to have Tennessee reds and the Mexican Speckled.I really liked the mexicans,think theyre beautiful.
    The reds are pretty but to me,they seemed especially agressive to each other.Id love to find some of the mexican speckled again though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by