1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mexico

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by purosaviparos, Dec 5, 2011.

1. purosaviparos

purosaviparos Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Anybody live/raise chickens in Mexico?

2. toomanydogs

toomanydogs Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2011
    Where in Mexico Are you? Part of my family is from the state of Durango.

Lisa

3. justmeinmexico

justmeinmexico New Egg

Oct 30, 2012
    Mxico City
    Anyone else in MX? We are!

4. emiliember

emiliember Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Hi there, justme!

I'm in Mexico too, middle of nowhere Oaxaca.

Sadly we've been dealing with many of the local diseases. We have RIRs, a few Marans (one died today of wet fowl pox =(...), some Easter Eggers, Barred Rocks, and some local mutts. What do you have?

5. emiliember

emiliember Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Hi there, justme!

I'm in Mexico too, middle of nowhere Oaxaca.

Sadly we've been dealing with many of the local diseases. We have RIRs, a few Marans (one died today of wet fowl pox =(...), some Easter Eggers, Barred Rocks, and some local mutts. What do you have?

6. purosaviparos

May 18, 2011
    Hi, im in the state of San Luis PotosĂ­, here we have RIR, Barred Rocks, Transylvanian Naked Necks, Silkies, and some others that I don't even know the name of in English, Bonche (its a tailless chicken, has no rump tuft where the feathers would be) maybe you'all know the name. CHinos (comes offs as "curly" their feather have like an upward spiral thing going on. We halso have Giro Bantams and Red Bantams, Muscovy ducks, Turkeys, Peacocks, Guinea fowl, Geese and Rabbits

7. FRANCO2

FRANCO2 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2012
    MEXICO guadalajara.
    HI IM LIVE IN JALISCO I HAVE PEAFOWL..... INDIAN BLUE, IDIAN BLUE BLACK SHOULDERS, WHITE, INDIAN BLUE PIED, CAMEOS, EMERALD SPALDINGS, BRONCE, PURPLE, OPAL, OPAL WHITE EYE.. (PHEASANTS) LADY, RING NECK, SWINHOE, SILVER. BANTAM / KIKIRIKIS DIAMOND DOVES. GREEN WING AND CRESTED FAN TAIL I HAVE ONE YEAR LIVING IN JALISCO AN I LOVE IT. IM CROSING A RING NEK PHEASANT WITH BANTAM AND SOME CHICKENS.

8. purosaviparos

May 18, 2011
    Sounds interesting, i hear que esa parte del pais es muy buena para criar aves, I have never been down there pero he escuchado muchas cosas acerca de algunos lugares por ahi, en especifico Tepatitlán de Morelos dicen que ahi hay muchas granjas / criaderos de todos tipos de aves. I am going to get down there someday pero todavia no he ido.

9. FRANCO2

FRANCO2 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2012
    MEXICO guadalajara.
    HEY!!!! IM AT TEPATITLAN!!!! [​IMG] HORITA SON LAS FIESTAS DE TEPA! APENAS EMPESARON EL DIA 13. AQUI AY MUCHA GRANJA DE GALLINAS PONEDORAS [​IMG]NO NOMAS ES CONOSIDO POR SUS GRANJAS, TAMBIEN POR SUS HUJERES HERMOSAS!!!! [​IMG] DONDE SI TIENEN MUCHOS ANIMALES ES EN SAHUAYO MICHOACAN AY SI TIENEN BASTANTE BARIEDAD DE AVES. CUANDO VENGAN A TEPA ME AVISAN PARA INVITARLOS A MI GRANJA

10. purosaviparos

May 18, 2011
    Eso hare amigo, la verdad tengo mucho tiempo queriendo ir para alla. (INDIAN BLUE, IDIAN BLUE BLACK SHOULDERS, WHITE, INDIAN BLUE PIED, CAMEOS, EMERALD SPALDINGS, BRONCE, PURPLE, OPAL, OPAL WHITE EYE.. ) son todos estos razas de pavo real? de casualidad no vendes huevos fertiles? asi de pavo o faisan?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by