1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meyer catalog?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by newfmadible, Jan 16, 2009.

1. newfmadible

newfmadible Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2008
    North central Ohio
    Has anyone received the new 2009 catalog from Meyer hatchery? Their website is still showing 2008 prices and info.

2. luvmyturkens

luvmyturkens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2008
    i haven't gotten it yet. Last time I checked the website said mid-January so I guess it should be coming any day now.[​IMG]

3. newfmadible

Nov 4, 2008
    North central Ohio
    Yeah!![​IMG]
    I am going to order my first ever chicks from them this spring. Can you tell I am getting excited and anxious? I have revised my order in my mind and on paper about a thousand times! I think I finally know what I want. Now I am worried they won't have what I am looking for or be sold out when I place my order. I really want to use Meyer as they are close enough drive there and pick up the chicks instead of shipping them.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Just call your order in. A lot of the dates are getting sold out already so it's a good idea to just get it done.

5. newfmadible

Nov 4, 2008
    North central Ohio
    Oh no!! [​IMG] I will have to wait to tomorrow to call now too! I hope I can get the ones I want. I am most worried about the availability of the Buckeyes. I want to get my chicks early this spring. I sure hope they have what I want early on. Thanks for the tip!

6. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Don't panic, unless there's a run on Buckeyes or their hatch is low, they should still have some. I ordered mine last Memorial Day and got them at the end of July. [​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:GO BUCKEYES, that is where I got mine, you can reserve a date in the future, the earlier you order the last chance that they will be sold out on that date.

8. dave27889

dave27889 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    I got mine last week.

9. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Got mine yesterday. It is a beautifully laid out catalog. The info is clear and very helpful. I'm seriously thinking of putting in a chick order and driving up to get them. The nearly 2-hour trip would save shipping and chick stress. I should ask local BYCers if they want to go in with me.

10. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    got my catalog on friday the 23rd great color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by