Meyer easter eggers this year?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cupman, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I posted this topic a few weeks back and I'm sorry if you read it and feel I'm repeating myself. I ordered 2 more easter eggers from MPC/Meyer and they are due to arrive the week of October 17th. I currently have two easter eggers and I was just wondering what I can expect, if anything, in regards to their appearance. The two I have right now are golden/black with big fuzzy beards, very cute and I like them a lot. I would, however, like to get a little bit more variety with my easter eggers. Will all the easter eggers in a particular hatch look the same? Do they do the same mix of easter egger all season long? I guess a better question would be: if you ordered easter eggers from Meyer this year what did they look like?

[​IMG]

This is the best picture I have of one of my EE's without going to snap a new pic.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I live close to the Meyer Hatchery, and I ordered 3 EEs. They actually picked four different colored chicks for me, so I was tickled pink! Now, a friend of mine ordered 8 EEs, last year, and they all look the same. So I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by