Meyer has a special on meaties - 30 for $36.90 including shipping

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by KellyHM, Sep 18, 2009.

1. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Just thought I'd let everyone know. That comes out to be only $1.23 per chick with shipping included. They ship on Monday.

2. goldielocks

goldielocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Thats good to know. I love Meyers. My chicks were to me in less than 16 hours after ordering and they are very pretty.

3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Wow, that is good but I am pretty sure Phil would kill me if I added that many more birds. [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    What kind of meaties..Cornish X? I'm debating on trying this..i keep going back and forth...

5. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  6. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Quote:I'm not sure. This was a preorder for Mondays hatch. If there not sold out I'm sure they will let you have them at that price. Even if they are sold out for this hatch more then likely they will offer it on another until they get some of there extras down. I don't know how checks are selling. [​IMG]

7. rbar

rbar Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2009
    Dayton, Tennessee
    Yes, Cornish Cross.
    My order was a bit unusual, even for Meyer's usual great service.
    Unusual: I have not lost a single chick out of the lot, and I probably put them outside a bit too early, too boot.
    They MUST have a good strain and breeders for their meaties, and seem to be growing out as fast as well!
    They look like little dinosaurs, with a pig's appetite!
    Someone mentioned they could not handle more birds around the house...
    These will not be around LONG!
    Rather, in the freezer!
    Thank, Meyers. The Delawares I got from them are spectacular as well...a good meat bird in their own right. The fact they lay large brown eggs is a bonus.

Roy

Quote:

8. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered 50 chicks for $42.50 and recieved them yesterday.
    I ordered them by the deadline and I paid 85 cents a bird and they gave me a couple of extras.
    The label said they hatched at 5:am and I got them at 2:00pm, delivered to the feed store.
    They said it was their last hatch, this is my first time ordering from them.
    Has anyone used welps and had a good experience?
    They hatch all year.

9. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Quote:The last 2 or 3 batches of Cornish X that I ordered came form Welp. Pricing is usually very good (though Meyer's sounds like it was/is a great deal) and the chicks have always been healthy. With my last order of 30 I had one DOA out of 32 chicks received. It probably never should have been shipped as it appeared that it didn't absorb the yolk fully.

If I didn't already have 29 Cornish X right now I'd check out Meyer's offer. Thanks for the info!

10. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:I had an order from Welp last year and they did great. I didn't lose a single bird. They averaged about 3.5 lbs processed at 9 weeks. They were a little lower than others I've heard of, but I think part of it is b/c I let them free range with the other birds and they got more exercise than they're suppose to. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by