( Meyer Hatchery ) 16 Week Old Cockerel - What Breed?

Came from Meyer Hatchery as a bin chick, so it was kind of a mixed bag. I had another thread that originally started as a gender one but evolved into figuring out what Blueberry’s breed was. I’m just wanting to put this in its own thread to get more opinions.
Im not all that sure, it looks like a bantom (though, it isnt) just the color scheme, im mainly good with fluffier breeds like silkies, bantoms, etc, because for some reason its easier for me to identify.

Ya I'm just seeing blue.
No cuckoo, Birchen or copper.
Is it possible he’s just slow to get the copper in? Or birchen, I guess. I’m not sure how either of those colors work, but he really doesn’t have any saddle or hackle feathers starting in just yet.

When does that stuff usually start coming in on cockerels?

Came from Meyer Hatchery as a bin chick, so it was kind of a mixed bag. I had another thread that originally started as a gender one but evolved into figuring out what Blueberry’s breed was. I’m just wanting to put this in its own thread to get more opinions.
Have we determined that this is a boy at 15 weeks? It looks just like my Blue Cuckoo's Marans pullet at 16 weeks.

Yes, I picked him up at the hatchery along with a bunch of others on April 20th, so his actual hatch date should’ve been around 18th or 19th.
What is this determination based on. I did not see the thread. Based on your photos here I see a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom