Meyer Hatchery "All Pullet Rainbow Pack"

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by stephensc7146, Jan 31, 2013.

1. stephensc7146

stephensc7146 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    Today I took a chance and ordered the 'All Pullet Rainbow Pack (25 chicks)' from Meyer Hatchery. I figured because I love the looks of so many different chickens, I may as well add a little surprise into my new flock. I went ahead and ordered 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Easter Egger, and 3 Blue Silkies along with my order so that I know for whatever reason, If I get a clump of one certain kind more than others, I will atleast have exactly what I want. Better safe than sorry, Though I will love them all the same. Not picky :)

I was just wondering out of curiosity if anyone has ordered the rainbow pack, what kind of mix you received. Pictures absolutely welcome. :)

2. Kansas Prairie

Kansas Prairie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds interesting & fun, let us know what you get!! Are Bantams included in rainbow packs? I'd be interested in this rainbow pack, but I don't want bantams.

3. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    I have ordered their rainbow pack before. Last time I got about 8 Easter Eggers, two crested Polish, several Silver Lakenvelders, some German Spitzhauben and the remainder were light brown leghorns. One ended up being a roo.

I was very happy with the assortment.

4. I haven't but I can't wait to see what others get!!

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Meyer linked this post to their Facebook. cool!!!

6. jgmyers500

jgmyers500 New Egg

Jul 5, 2012
    Gilmer Texas
    I have dealt with Meyer a number of times and always had good service. I have purchased the Rainbow pack and liked the selection.

7. stephensc7146

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    I seen that :) That was super sweet of them! I found meyer hatchery because of backyard chickens. I'm VERY impressed with everything about them so far. Cant wait to see my new chickies in 2 weeks!

8. stephensc7146

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    That sounds great! I love the green eggs, so i'm hoping for a few EE's!

9. stephensc7146

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    As far as I know, no bantams. I ordered the bantams specifically to keep for my best friend :)

10. rulucky

rulucky Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2012
    I've never ordered the rainbow asst. but six weeks ago I ordered the brown egg layer asst. of 15 chicks and was very pleased. Came in overnight, all alive, happy and healthy. Selection was great also, five different types of chicks out of fifteen. I would order there again for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by