Meyer Hatchery....CAN SEX POLISH CHICK'S??????????????????????????????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by k2chickens, Jun 11, 2009.

1. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    WOW...i still can't get this out of my head that they can sex day old polish and send them to my door. June 15th they will be shipping me..

4 white silkies
    1 GLW Pullet
    1 Welsummer Pullet
    1 GL Polish Pullet!
    1 Buff Polish Pullet!

Isin't that crazy??? I even asked the operator when i made my order about a month ago..and she said " yep, they can sex'em" I was just blown away...even in their catalog they list they can send you pullet polish!!! Isin't that great?!!!!!!!!!

Have any of you ordered polish pullet's from Meyer's?? I would love to hear how they turned out!! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congrats on your order.

Have fun with those chicks.

3. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:thank you! i intend too [​IMG]

4. froggie71

froggie71 Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    We didn't order from Meyer, but from McMurray, who also sexes Polish. We ordered 2 golden laced polish pullets which we got in April and that is just what we got. We love them. [​IMG] Have fun with your chicks!

5. 3peeps

3peeps Songster

Jul 4, 2007
    Just a small warning, not to burst any bubbles. I ordered through My Pet Chicken who gets their chicks from Meyer. Our Golden Polish "pullet" started crowing this morning. I'm still trying to decide if it looks like a cockerel or if it's just a crowing pullet. Hard to say, but it pretty much deflated me this morning. I guess that's how it goes, regardless of where you get chicks. Sorry.

6. cybercat

cybercat Songster

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Well there will always be mistake it is not full proof. Most hatchiers list a 90% sex rate some chicks it is just hard to tell. I ordered 25 pullets from MT Healthy hoping for a mistake of a roo or two and I got it. Now when ordering a small amount that is not what you want or need but it does happen.

7. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:yes i understand. I just don't know how you sex polish so young tho??? I mean their top hat's are basicly all the same!!!

8. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:don't be too glum....send me a pic...i can tell ya if you got a roo or pull [​IMG]

9. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Songster

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Can't they vent sex Polish, just like other breeds?

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:don't be too glum....send me a pic...i can tell ya if you got a roo or pull [​IMG]

oh yeah-can you sex 3 week old polish very accurately? if so Im posting pictures for you-Ill take them tomorrow-I think I have 1 pullet 2 roos-I do hope its the other way around!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: