Meyer hatchery chicks coming through the smoke

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I ordered some Meyer chicks to go with the chicks I hatched out (heath food store eggs) and some of my flock eggs that will be hatching at the time they arrive. The chicks from Meyer's will be Leann's assortment, (straight run I know, but I really don't need more hens, fry pans because I think they are fun and cheap and you never know you might get a hen in there, and one welsummer female, one rare assortment F, and one female MM. I am waiting to see what my own chicks look like, but ordered more for friends, will eat or sell roosters as they get older, unless there is a gem, and pick through the leann's and keep or sell any I feel can be extras. in the mean time, I get to play with baby chicks.

They will be shipped this week and coming through Spokane (500 hazardous current air quality) and Wenatchee (379 very unhealthy) current air up to my area about (200 unhealthy air quality.) I hope things can settle down, but they really will not get to my house until Wed./Thurs. so I am hoping...

I like Meyer's but I wanted to ask some questions about when they hatch, how they are packed, how the Leann's adopt me work, and they don't seem to want to answer questions. It is just all business, "So are you ordering or what?" I will still order when they have sales but other than that....pft.

Huh. I've only ordered from Meyers once. I had a great experience with Cackle (Ordered 103 chicks, all came alive, plus 10 extras, and there was only one accidental rooster), and I'll be ordering from them again.

Back
Top Bottom