Meyer Hatchery ducklings come from California not Polk, Ohio

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Tina8669, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Tina8669

Tina8669 New Egg

Jun 28, 2016
    If you're like me you try to do business with hatchery's near you so the animals don't have to travel as far. That is why I chose Meyer Hatchery when ordering ducklings to add to my flock. They are located only two hours from me. Much to my surprise, after they shipped, I found out that they were coming from California. I called Meyer Hatchery to find out why. I was told that they don't keep everything at their Polk, Ohio location. The chicks come from Polk, Ohio, the ducks come from California and the turkeys come from somewhere else. I let them know that I chose them because of their location and that I had wished I had known about this. I couldn't find anything on their website giving this information. I am writing this post for informational purposes in the hopes that others will find it useful.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for the information. I'm sure a lot of people don't know this. What a long trip to make via postal service.

3. ehatch

ehatch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2009
    Thanks for the information! Might be a good thing for us on the west coast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by