Meyer Hatchery extra chicks

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by JustOneMore, Dec 30, 2010.

1. JustOneMore

JustOneMore Chillin' With My Peeps

I was on the Meyer Hatchery site this morning and read through their policies. It says they may add up to 4% additional chicks in an order.

Has anyone had this in their orders? If only pullets were ordered, were the spare chicks pullets?

It would be great to have a few spare girls tossed in but since I can't keep a roo in my town, it would be heartbreaking to raise a chick that we'd later be forced to part with.

Thanks in advance for any information you're willing to share. [​IMG]

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Packing peanuts are almost always roos....but I was given a RIR packing peanut that lays big-ol' brown eggs [​IMG]

3. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Quote:I placed my order with Meyer the first part of this month, but I had emailed them back in June to make sure they would not send me the packing peanuts and I have copied the response back from them for you. I ordered 15, so small orders may include the heat pack, and regular 25 may include the packing peanuts, but I would email them to ensure you only receive what you order if you don't want any extras. Here is there response to my question in June.

HELLO MATTHEW,

THERE ARE NO PACKING PEANUTS IN THE ORDERS. WE INCLUDE A HEAT PACK WHEN NEEDED. TO PLACE AN ORDER, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL 1-888-568-9755.

THANK YOU,
    CUSTOMER SERVICE

4. Meyer Hatchery

Meyer Hatchery Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Polk, Ohio
    We send up to 4% extra of the breed AND sex you ordered. We NEVER include roosters unless you have paid for them or there is a sexing error.

Example: you order 25 RIR females, you might get 1 extra RIR female.

5. JustOneMore

JustOneMore Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Wow, I even had a reply from the source! [​IMG] Thank you for the information. I am so glad I went ahead and ordered from you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by