Meyer Hatchery hatching eggs? Does anyone know what breeds come in the assortment for chickens and t

et22

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2016
I am thinking of ordering hatching eggs from Meyer Hatchery. I don't want just one breed so I am thinking of ordering the "Chicken Hatching Eggs (assorted)" and some eggs from the "Bantam hatching eggs(assorted)". They do not say on the website what breeds could possibly come in the assortment and I was wondering if anyone has order any assorted eggs from here and if so what types of breeds did they get? I would like to know what breeds for chicken and bantam people received. Also I was wondering if they were packaged well and not broken. The few reviews that I have read have said that they are packaged well and people have also sometimes gotten extra eggs, is this true?

Thanks for your help!

I am thinking of ordering hatching eggs from Meyer Hatchery. I don't want just one breed so I am thinking of ordering the "Chicken Hatching Eggs (assorted)" and some eggs from the "Bantam hatching eggs(assorted)". They do not say on the website what breeds could possibly come in the assortment and I was wondering if anyone has order any assorted eggs from here and if so what types of breeds did they get? I would like to know what breeds for chicken and bantam people received. Also I was wondering if they were packaged well and not broken. The few reviews that I have read have said that they are packaged well and people have also sometimes gotten extra eggs, is this true?

Thanks for your help!

Have you looked local----within driving distance?? Shipped eggs can be tough to hatch some times. I know of people that have ordered and said they were not marked----just a mix----I personally would not want chickens that I did not know what they were----No questions or crosses for me. Good Luck in which ever way you go!

I've have looked locally and I haven't found something that I like. I want some bantams and I haven't found any one around me that sells them for a resonable price and Meyer was the cheapest place I could find. I was thinking of putting them under one of my broody hens in the next few weeks so she can hatch them out.
Thanks for the reply! I will keep looking locally and maybe I'll find something. Thanks!

I've have looked locally and I haven't found something that I like. I want some bantams and I haven't found any one around me that sells them for a resonable price and Meyer was the cheapest place I could find. I was thinking of putting them under one of my broody hens in the next few weeks so she can hatch them out.
Thanks for the reply! I will keep looking locally and maybe I'll find something. Thanks!

Well if you have a broody hen----you might need to get them and get them set under her before she changes her mind!! Good Luck

I think I'm going to get them in a couple of weeks and if she's not broody then I have another that gets broody easily so I might just stick them under her.

Before I order some eggs in the next few weeks has anyone ordered eggs from Meyer Hatchery before?

If you are friendly and familiar with your local feed store, they should be ordering chicks soon, ask them and see of they would put some chickens you want in the order

Back
Top Bottom