1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meyer Hatchery is it online or NOT

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by dave27889, Mar 3, 2009.

1. dave27889

dave27889 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    I have been looking to order some chicks from Meyers online. They said they would be up around the first of Feb. I have gone to their website everyother day and they still are not up. Has anyone done business with them in 2009? Are they just selling over the phone? I don't want 25 chicks so that is why I want to order from them. Please let me know. I guess I will have to phone in my order. Please let me know. Thanks, dave27889

2. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Try Ideal Poultry. They have a small min. I ordered from them and they were all healthy and alive.

3. dave27889

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    Thanks Tabatha. I will look into them.

4. ashtray

ashtray Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    i placed an order with meyers last week, my birds ship on the 9th . i placed the order over the phone.. i like talking to person / business i am buying from

5. dave27889

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    I like to talk with them also but I have not been home in time to callthem. I went to their page again after talking with Tabatha and they are out of what I want until April and I can't wait that long. I guess I will just hatch them out. I mean I have only done 6 hatches. What's another hatch or two. Thanks to all.

6. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, they're doing business. I just called them two days ago to confirm my order, 8 day-old-pullets, which will be shipped out on April 20th. If you really want to make sure you get what you pay for, call them and speak to a live body. I was also confused at first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by