Meyer Hatchery Olive Egger pics?

doughouse

Songster
Apr 14, 2020
Boston, MA
Hi,
We have a little olive egger chick from Meyer Hatchery that is a week old today. She has lightly feathered legs, so it looks like she's one of the Marans mixes. I'll track her week-by-week development with pictures and post them in an article on this site, but I'm curious what she might look like as she gets older, and was wondering if anyone had any photos of their olive egger hens from Meyer's breeding program they could share. Thanks!

Curious what your little one looks like.

We do have an olive egger from Meyer. Based on her small crest, I'm guessing legbar/marans. She's black with small white spots and has a few late feathers coming in on the feet. She's here next to our cream legbar at about 7 weeks.
20200510_005751.jpg

Thanks for asking! They all arrived yesterday alive and seemingly well! As far as I can tell by the tracking info, they were in transport less than 24 hours. Most are sleeping under the heating plate right now. I know they were all alive and happy and eating about 40 minutes ago, but it still makes me nervous when they are quiet and I can't see them. :)

Thanks for asking! They all arrived yesterday alive and seemingly well! As far as I can tell by the tracking info, they were in transport less than 24 hours. Most are sleeping under the heating plate right now. I know they were all alive and happy and eating about 40 minutes ago, but it still makes me nervous when they are quiet and I can't see them. :)

Oh, I know it!

I look forward to seeing any pics you post!

I'll try to get some pics of her later. I think she will look a lot like yours. She is mostly black with black legs, some yellowish white fluff under her tail and on her chest and a lighter spot on the back of her head. I haven't noticed any feathers on her legs yet, at least not like the black copper marans or favorelles chicks that I also got.

They are both beautiful! Curious to see how they grow up.

I have been impressed with our birds from Meyer, including the little OE. She's our escape artist. Very smart with a fun personality. I'll get an updated picture soon.

Back
Top Bottom