Meyer hatchery Salmon Favo.

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by NEK38583, Dec 28, 2008.

1. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    I was wondering if anyone has ever order salmon faverollies from Meyer. I was wondering how is the chicken quailty. I was also wondering how is the hatchery over all. I would appreciated any help you could give me. I wanting to order some from them, but I was to make sure they are good qualty first. Thanks so much for you help in advance.

2. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Depends on what you are looking for. I have never seen a Faverolles from any hatchery that was anything but pet quality, but they sure can be sweet. I would welcome any comments/photos that suggest otherwise.

Good luck!

3. P0U1TRYP3RS0N

P0U1TRYP3RS0N Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    I've never ordered Faverolles from Meyer, but I still have some Barred Rocks from them.They are VERY hardy (not such great layers though...Amazingly the only birds laying eggs still in this weather are the silkies.lol [​IMG] and pretty birds. I ordered from Meyer twice, and lost alot of birds both times...But then again, I'm in Arizona they're located in Ohio....

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  4. keliejc

keliejc Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    Waterford Township, MI
    I ordered from Meyer and got exactly what I wanted - eight chicks, all girls, all of them the breeds I ordered. No fatalities, they only had to ship from Ohio to Michigan (which was a big part of why I chose Meyer). My hens are still thriving. I will certainly order from them again.

5. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    keliejc, did you order Faverolles? Could you post pics?

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I love my faverolles from Meyer I do not know about the standard but I think my birds are pretty nice they are very healthy and hardy one was taken by a dog though [​IMG]

Here is me and my surviving Faverolle and two blue and black copper Marans chicks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here they are as chicks
    [​IMG]
    I really want to get more Faverolle girls and if I don't get a broody or hatch the chicks I will just order three more girls from Meyer not sure if its worth it though for just three. I would highly suggest meyer as a hatchery! I am sure the girl on the bottom pick who was taken by the dog was only pet quality but not sure about the hen in the first 4 pics she looks allot like many of the breeder quality hens I have seen she is also very broad and heavy and has a nicer beard and tail/ back feathering since she molted.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  7. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    Thatks for posting pics. They look great to me. I think I am going to order from them now. Thanks again for posting pics I really appreciate it.

8. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I ordered my birds from Meyer. (No favos., though.) I would recommend them for most breeds. My Wyandottes, Australorps, Dominiques and Andalusians are really fine looking birds. My 3 Silkies were all cockerals and really, truly pet quality. [​IMG] I think that anyone looking for show quality needs to look into local breeders. For pets, a nearby hatchery is just fine.
    Like others, I would say that the short shipping distance was a factor in my choice. Also, Meyer has outstanding customer service. They are sooooo professional and nice.

9. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Henry, that really is a pretty Faverolle hen. I've got 3 hens that I bought from someone in Houston about 8 months ago, but the roo that she sold me is a bantam, so I don't have a roo to put with them. I'd love to get some babies. I think my EEs have been mating with them. I'm tempted to hatch these eggs out, but I'd rather have a Faverolle roo to put with them. Maybe I'll try a breeder here on BYC. They're hard to find around here.

Paula

10. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I don't know chicken standards or show quality but she sure is a purdy girl! Sorry that you lost the other one. take care.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by