Meyer Hatchery Swedish Flowers?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by FlyingNunFarm, Jan 20, 2019.

1. FlyingNunFarm

FlyingNunFarm Crossing the Road

May 28, 2015
    Chesterland, OH
    My Coop
    Has anyone ordered Swedish Flower Hens from Meyer? I love Swedish Flowers but had a terrible run of luck with them this past fall. My concern is that they had a genetic issue that came up due to stress. I didn’t get my birds from Meyer so wondered how their genetic line is.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

2. mamavolk2eight

mamavolk2eight In the Brooder

Jun 19, 2018
    In September I ordered several chicks, one being a Swedish flower hen, from Meyers. All of the ten chicks I got thrived and all ended up being hens. I have been incredibly impressed with my Swedish flower hen and she has become my favorite bird. She seeks out my attention and loves to be pet. She will run up to me when I open the coop and stays close by my side as I walk around doing chores. She has such a beautiful feather pattern and while I don’t show my birds, she has no noticeable flaws that I can see. Among the pullets, she seems to have matured faster than the others and at 18 weeks, her comb and wattles are turning pink and she is filling out the most. My guess is she will be the first to lay of that group. I was hesitant about getting such a specity breed from a hatchery, but I have been more than impressed! I can post pics a bit later.

FlyingNunFarm likes this.
  3. FlyingNunFarm

FlyingNunFarm Crossing the Road

May 28, 2015
    Chesterland, OH
    My Coop
    Thank You! They really are wonderful birds.

4. Stephine

Stephine Songster

May 30, 2016
    Sonoma
    3710CF92-6C31-4ADE-9826-FD1252078578.jpeg
    A0E61CC8-2CC5-467A-8A19-55C17104E023.jpeg
    58A51300-1607-49EB-8F08-990ED8ACA46A.jpeg

I am really happy with mine. I ordered 2 hens and a roo from them. One died shortly after arrival but the remaining two have been healthy and absolutely gorgeous. My hen is a fine layer.
    They will be two years old in April. I can absolutely recommend them!
    (Pics: My rooster, my hen (in front of the white Brahma), the two as chicks ( the yellow one was the hen, the brown one the roo)).

FlyingNunFarm likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: