Meyer Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by salvationfarms, May 19, 2011.

1. salvationfarms

salvationfarms Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    New Albany, MS
    does anyone know anything about Meyer hatchery?

2. kesali

kesali Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    far northern Wisconsin
    I received an order of 15 chicks from Meyers on May 3 this spring. One died, but it was no fault of Meyers. The others are hale and hearty and I intend on using Meyer again in the future.

3. salvationfarms

May 17, 2011
    New Albany, MS
    thank you

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Ordered 25 chicks from Meyer last fall. All went well, and all thrived wonderfully and are superb layers. No problems.

5. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

I placed my first ever chick order thru them. I received them yesterday.

All females; 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Partridge Rocks and 2 Golden Buffs.

I wasn't sure what to expect but they were well packed and had a warm pack with them. All arrived fine.
    I ordered over the phone and the lady that took my order was very nice and answered all my questions.
    I would order from them again.

(I am having an issue with 1 of the Partridge Rocks - she's pecking the eyes of the other chicks to the point some of them have eyes crusted shut.
    Needless to say I had to separate her. Although I can hardly blame Meyers for that.)

6. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    So far my experience with them has been very good. Communication about my order was great and when I called them the folks I talked to on the phone were very friendly. My chicks arrived this month healthy and happy, well packed for a small order.

7. salvationfarms

May 17, 2011
    New Albany, MS
    Placed my order today excited want ship until July 11, but they were very helpful

8. Cold Canadian

Cold Canadian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Manitoba Canada
    I liked what I saw when my order came .............regretfully they forgot the export papers and I had to leave them ? really sad , It took two years of research and in the end I have nothing ...........but the chicks looked really great , just I won't have them ....................hope someone took them instead of them dieing where I left them

9. salvationfarms

May 17, 2011
    New Albany, MS
    Quote:wow that wasn't good sorry for your loss

10. blitz1027

blitz1027 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Great hatchery. [​IMG]. I just placed my second order from them. I would recommend calling them instead of ordering online because they can give you the exact number of chicks they have available for a particular hatch day

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by