Meyer Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by salvationfarms, Jul 13, 2011.

1. salvationfarms

salvationfarms Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    New Albany, MS
    Got my order of 25 chicks this morning to find all chicks dead !!!! I was praying for the best and i don't blame Meyer, they said they would refund my money, don't know how long that will take to process. I am going to see what happens ...........

2. alaynalynn

alaynalynn Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Really!?!? That's horrible. I wonder what happened. I just got 5 chicks from them 2 weeks ago and they arrived perfectly healthy.

3. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    That's so sad. I bet it was the heat. I just placed an order with them, but I'm driving the hour and a half next month to pick them up.

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

The heat, no doubt. You'll never know how long they stayed in horrid, hot Post Office trucks or who knows where. This isn't usually the fault of the hatchery.
    We've had great success with Meyer, but we don't order shipped chicks in the dead of summer's heat. I am very sorry for your loss.

5. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

What a horrible box to open! I guess summer is not the best time for chicks by mail. If I can ever convince my family that we need more chickens, (as I truly believe), I'll keep that in mind. Sorry for this for you![​IMG]

6. salvationfarms

salvationfarms Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    New Albany, MS
    Thanks everyone it wasn't easy looking at my chicks ............. I will order from Meyer's again because I believe it was the heat , we live and learn this was my first order every and I just didn't know !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by