Meyer Meal Maker Chick - HELP ID!

JennCrow10

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 6, 2016
East Texas
I just received my chick order from Meyer Hatchery and received a "Meal Maker" chick with my order. I am hoping someone might be able to help me ID her. I will post photo below. Thanks!

To young to tell. How I understand it though is that if you order layers it will be a layer of another breed. And if you order meat birds it will be another meat bird. What did you order? Layers or meat birds?

The very name 'meal maker' makes me think this is a meat bird bred for table. And it's most likely a cockerel. It will be interesting to see what it grows up to be!

The very name 'meal maker'  makes me think this is a meat bird bred for table.  And it's most likely a cockerel.  It will be interesting to see what it grows up to be!

They call them "Meal Makers" because you are supposed to donate either their eggs or meat to a family less fortunate and help them make a meal. If you order laying females, it should be another laying female and if you order broilers it would be another meat bird.

I agree with those guessing Leghorn, or maybe possibly a White Rock?
smile.png
I've gotten a few Mealmakers with orders of layers, and they've been anywhere from Rocks to Buff Orps.

~Alex

They call them "Meal Makers" because you are supposed to donate either their eggs or meat to a family less fortunate and help them make a meal. If you order laying females, it should be another laying female and if you order broilers it would be another meat bird.
That's good to know!

Back
Top Bottom