Meyer Meal Maker? Has anyone done this?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Debs55, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Debs55

Debs55 Chillin' With My Peeps

2. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    I ordered one this week - will get it in 2 weeks...will let you know what kind if I can.

3. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY
    I got the meal maker 10 weeks ago. I think its a plymouth rock or could be a white leghorn. I thought it was a great idea.

4. weaversfarm

weaversfarm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    I just put my order in for delivery next week and included the meal maker. I ordered 37 of the "brown layer assortment", so I won't know which one is the meal maker. I always give eggs away too, it's a nice thing for Meyer Hatchery to do. I live in a pretty poor community so there is always someone to give eggs to.

5. Debs55

oh ok thats cool. I placed my order last night (15 broilers, 5 black australorps, 5 buff orpingtons, and 5 silver laced wyandottes) and added one to my order. I should be getting mine March 12th. I already give eggs away to a family that my family helps keep groceries in the house so hopefully this little freebie will let me be able to give away more :). I'm interested to see what we all get!

6. Debs55

For those of you who have gotten their orders what did y'all end up with?

7. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I got a meal maker and 5 other chicks. one of my chicks had it's yolk sack connected to it's belly and didn't make it. I didn't ask for another cause the meal maker was free, but now it is no longer a meal maker. The meal maker I got was Barred rock. I would still order from Meyer they have a good selection, and catalog.

8. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY
    My mealmaker was a white leghorn

9. TofuKat

TofuKat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2013
    That's a great idea. Whether or not I order from Meyer, I might get an extra hen so that I can give eggs away to a family down the road who would like the extra food.

10. Debs55

Mine is a production red I believe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by