Meyer's Brown Layer Assortment

imprimis

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
The Thumb, MI
Good evening everyone! I'll be getting my new chicks tomorrow morning from Meyer's and I'm a little excited. I haven't had chickens for a couple of years now and am ready to get back into it. I am curious to hear if any of you out there has ordered this assortment from them and what breeds did you get. They said I would get at least three different breeds of their heavy brown egg layers, but I am hoping for as many different breeds as I can get. It's kind of like Christmas morning....... Anybody else out there can give me their experience with this package?

Thanks,
Eric

I do not know about Meyers assorted but I have Australorps and a Silver Laced Wyandotte and they are great...especially the SLW. She is a sweetie. They all lay medium and large brown eggs the Welsummer lays a dark brown egg that is beautiful. The Stars are like egg laying machine...even in cold weather and hot weather they lay consistently.

They will do well in the cold weather too. Hope that info helps.

Good luck with them.

Last edited:
I've wondered about that myself. I've been thinking about getting that assortment. But I'm a little chicken overloaded at the moment.
wink.png

Wow, 200 birds are they all pullets? I just ordered the 25 str and thought that was a lot. But then again, the most chickens I've had at a time was nine. I shopped around for a long time looking at prices and found this company very reasonable compared to everyone else. The anticipation is getting to me as I am wondering what I may get...........

Hi imprimis,
I ordered 12 brown egg layers ,6 weeks ago. They came all healthy and warm.

I got 5 different breeds,
3 Rhode Island reds
3 Buff Orpingtons
2 Silver laced wyandottes
2 golden laced wyandottes
2 black australorp

Good luck,
Ed

All I've ever had was red sexlinks, you are right, they can lay some eggs. They were also very docile and very fun to watch.

The reason I bought the assortment is I couldn't decide on what breeds......I want them all!!!!!!

I'll probably not be able to tell by the chicks what they are as I am not very keen on identifying chicks, but I promise not to be one of the people who post pics and asking what kind of chicken is it. Well, I'll try not to.......

Quote:
I was going to order them about a month ago but decided to wait until it warmed up a bit and of course, the last two nights it cooled down into the 20's. Hope they bundled up before the left! Glad to hear all yours made it without a chill......

Back
Top Bottom