Meyer's Hatchery Orders

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by enggass, Nov 25, 2010.

1. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    When ordering from Meyer's, do you get to pick the delivery date? or do they send on the first date your order 'order combo' is available after you place the order?
    I plan on ordering 6 different breeds. All rare. I have never ordered from them before. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hi Steve, probably you'd get the most accurate info straight from them. I'd try giving them a call and believe what they say over what is posted in here.

3. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    I'm sure. I was just asking figuring that many here have ordered from them before and it's 10:00pm E.
    Thanks.

4. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    They gave me a date, but I called in spring.

5. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    If your ordering several different breeds then they can give you dates that each breed is available. They are great to work with and their chicks are good for hatchery chicks. Just order early because popular breeds will sell out

6. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have ordered from Meyer Hatchery numerous times and they have always asked when I would like delivery. Sometimes they have called to say the hatch did not work out well enough but have sent them later with extra chicks of breeds I had previously ordered so it was great!
    One year I ordered 10 cuckoo Marans pullets and wound up getting 30 without paying for the extra 20!

7. Meyer Hatchery

Meyer Hatchery Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Polk, Ohio
    We will accommodate your order the best we can. You tell us what 6 breeds you want and we will give you all of the common hatch dates. You, then, can choose from those. If you need a date that is not available based on your breed selection, we'll work with you to find a good substitute breed, for whatever is holding your order up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by