Meyers meal maker chick. What breed?

krosfyre

Songster
7 Years
Jun 21, 2014
here is my little meal maker mystery chick! :) so cute, any ideas on what breed she could be?

Could be a Rhode Island red, New Hampshire Red, Red Sex-link (sold as a "Golden Buff" by Meyer) or Buff Orpington. All of those chicks look similar when they're young. You should know for sure what she is as she gets older, though. Very cute!

Its too young to know for sure. But, I'm thinking that its either a Golden Buff, Rhode Island Red, or New Hampshire Red.

I was looking at pictures of different breeds as chicks and honestly have no idea but I am excited to find out!
I do have to say this one is lively and jumps to the edges of everything, a little scary for me, but she has no fear! I think she will be a great addition to my little flock and the community, no matter what she is! I will update as she gets older. A Welsummer would be a pretty awesome surprise that would be a lucky pick since they tend to be rare, I don't remember my Buff Orpington being this coppery/yellow color, and I just assumed that the 2 chipmunk chicks were Easter eggers I guess we will find out this one could also be an Easter egger? and one of the chipmunks could be something else? thanks for the thoughts!
I like that Meyer's does this program and it exciting to have to wait to find out what you get!

Last edited:
I was looking at pictures of different breeds as chicks and honestly have no idea but I am excited to find out!
I do have to say this one is lively and jumps to the edges of everything, a little scary for me, but she has no fear! I think she will be a great addition to my little flock and the community, no matter what she is! I will update as she gets older. A Welsummer would be a pretty awesome surprise that would be a lucky pick since they tend to be rare, I don't remember my Buff Orpington being this coppery/yellow color, and I just assumed that the 2 chipmunk chicks were Easter eggers I guess we will find out this one could also be an Easter egger? and one of the chipmunks could be something else? thanks for the thoughts!
I like that Meyer's does this program and it exciting to have to wait to find out what you get!
Yes, it is always fun trying to figure out mystery chicks! Your chick doesn't have the correct color for a Welsummer, or any common Easter Egger traits (puffy cheeks, etc.), so I don't think it is either of those breeds.

I am having trouble finding pictures of chicks to compare to my mystery meal maker chick now 4 weeks old, and is coming in a reddish color and some white mixed in the wings and shoulder area, her neck feathers are opening up and are red and white laced, looks like her head will be the red color they are just starting to appear so not sure yet. Any ideas?
Sorry for lack of pictures my camera is dead so can't take pictures of the babies, will try to post/take some soon.

Back
Top Bottom