Meyer's New Catalog Arrived

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by billfields, Nov 13, 2011.

1. billfields

billfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    East Tennessee
    The 2012 Meyer catalog arrived yesterday. Kinda made me nostalgic for this time last year when I was still building the coop and pondering what breeds to get! I don't plan to order this year, any chicks that I get next spring will be coming from under one of the chicks I ordered last spring [​IMG]

I did notice---and this will make some folks here really happy---Meyer no longer refers to it's chicks as "Ameraucanas" but uses the term"Easter Eggers". One of my two has started to lay and gives me about 4 or 5 huge blue eggs a week. Even her first few were large, never started small and worked up like the others. And my rooster is great. I'm anxious to see what I can get mixing him with Dominique, various Wyandottes, Blue Andalusian, Sicilian Buttercup, Welsummers, Maran, Buff Orpington....but I have decided the only place the Campine's eggs are going is on the table. People tell me that there are nice, sane Campines and that may be true but Crazy Muriel's genes do not need to flow down the ages![​IMG]

edited for spelling

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    By Meyers, do you mean Meyer Hatchery in Ohio? I thought they weren't going to release their 2012 catalog until December....

3. billfields

billfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Yup. Got my copy right here on my desk.

4. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    Got mine in the mail today.

5. Gresh

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    They're sending me one now. [​IMG]

6. opalwednesday

opalwednesday Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Ridgecrest
    jealous! my catalog isn't here yet. and I totally agree with your thoughts on the campines. I got two in august and I've only been able to handle them a few times since, they are WILD

7. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I got my Meyer catalog today, too. So much fun to look through it. I'd probably have hundreds of chickens if I had the room and the means to take care of them. [​IMG]

8. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I got mine on Saturday 11-12-11..

9. Gresh

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Can anybody tell me what the new breeds are that Meyer has added for 2012? A Meyer employee told me via phone that they were going to add a few new breeds. Don't have my catalog yet but am too anxious to wait [​IMG]

10. BigBirdHatcher

BigBirdHatcher Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2011
    Odessa
    How do I get the catalog ??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by