Meyer's Production Pack??????????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Taylor, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    has anyone ever had the production pack? are the hens good layers? any pictures of meyer's birds? post anything you want y'all! [​IMG]

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I haven't ever ordered anything from Meyer myself, but most likely they are like most every other hatchery. They send what is left over from specific breed orders. Usually their best laying type hens, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock, White Rock, New Hampshire, Golden Buff and such breeds as that. Just guessing though.

3. Meyer Hatchery

Meyer Hatchery Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Polk, Ohio
    Our production pack will only include Barred Rock, Rhode Island Reds, Golden Buff and/or Black Australorps. It's an assortment designed for people who want only the highest yeilding hens. You will get atleast 3 out of 4 of the breeds listed. All the birds listed on our website, are pictures of the breeders.

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

I bought 25 of the Golden Buffs last September. They began lay at New Years, and are now doing very, very well. Super friendly birds. I am enjoying them a great deal. I would recommend them highly. While called "Golden Buffs" their appearance is more toward a production Red, who figure highly in their parentage, I am sure. I would buy again.

[​IMG]

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:I have all of these breeds except the Golden Buffs and they are all great layers of nice brown eggs.

6. Eireitalia

Eireitalia New Egg

Jun 10, 2010
    Virginia
    I really wanted to order the production pack for Dec. shipment, but it was not available and there's no indication as to when it will be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by