Meyers rare breed, Cackle's mystery box

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I ordered some birds I wanted from Meyer's, and then I found Cackle's mini mystery box. I want people to share what they got from, Meyer's rare breed mystery mix, and Cackle's mystery box, and which they would order from again. I ordered months ago, so painful to wait for so long, and just recently Meyer's offered brown egglayer special at a good price, but I have too many birds coming so I had to pass, (boo). That is okay, last time I took advantage of brown, i got RIR, brahmas, BR.

One more week-aaah!

I have not ordered any of the mystery box's or specials so can't share much. I do think its exciting to see what people have gotten in them tho. Also pictures of chicks and what they turn out to be as adults is so fun!

I will begin sharing photos of my birds when they get here in August!

I am excited to see what you get!

Mine won't be here until June! I ordered 6 assorted rare breed from Meyers along with 12 specific and a meal maker. It is my first time ordering chicks online. It is also the first time I had much choice in breed since I usually just go to TSC and pullet choices are slim.

My specific orders are: 4 EE, 1 Black Jersey Giant, 1 Welsummer, 2 White Cochin, 2 Cookies and Cream, 2 Salmon Faverolles and 1 buff Polish. I REALLY WANTED some more polish but at the time of order 1 buff is all that was listed as available. I also wanted Green Queen or Olive Egger and none were available. I am hoping I can get some in my assortment.

We will see. I ordered them for my birthday. I have my adult kids visiting, and may get the birds while my daughter is visiting, she loves ducks, so maybe in the surprise.

Have you had polish before? They seem to get bullied.
I have not had them before. I have always wanted them. I will definitely be on the look out for aggression towards the one I am getting. I do have a friend that has a whole flock of Polish so worst case I am sure I could rehome it for it's safety. I mentioned to my husband that when I ordered Meyers literally had one Polish and no Olive or Green egg layers available for my hatch date so I was kind of bummed and now they have a bunch more of each. He actually asked me "Can you just add them on to your order?" I was shocked that he wanted me to get MORE chickens. I have 20 coming. Which is the most I have ever raised at once, I usually do 6-12. I think that will be good for now. We have to redo the coop so I want to get that done first, then decide how many more I can do LOL

I am going to put up all my chicks, both boxes shipped arriving 2 days after hatch...
below is a cackle mystery box, some people have gotten ducks, turkeys, or NN. I didn't get any of those but I got 28 neat birds. (I photo-ed the chicks then got them their energy jell and water, and sip of yolk water.
88ad.PNG

The Cackle chicks were very large. They said that 1/4 +may be roosters I am okay with that.
GLW
88a.PNG

I am excited about this one below, golden Spitzenhauben. (with yolk sip)

88aa.PNG

The one below has feathered feet. to comment on him I will call him #3
88ab.PNG

I think this is a white crested blue polish
88ac.PNG

Dark brahma below? #5
88b.PNG

88c.PNG

below I am guessing a boy because his markings are not dark, but he is cute.

88d.PNG

Below #8 is a female of some sort. Look at the eye liner
88e.PNG

RIR
88f.PNG

88g.PNG

88h.PNG

Below #12 is a huge chick, it has clean legs if you want to comment on him. He will be buff.

88i.PNG

below I am guessing a leghorn
88j.PNG

Speckled sussex?
88k.PNG

88l.PNG

Below is a cute boy.
88n.PNG

88o.PNG

88p.PNG

Looks like a barred cochin- look at the feet below

88q.PNG

Below is a blue sumatra- eyes closed drinking yolk.
88r.PNG

Really light colored strie-y chick
88s.PNG

Silver spitz
88t.PNG

Below, IDK I will call him "fuff."
88u.PNG

Ideas on the one below? I am calling her "Ali"
88v.PNG

A cochin? look at the feet. "Blondie"
88w.PNG

Another blonde chick.
88x.PNG

Below are the Meyer birds...I ordered a blue because I like to see it in the mix.
88xmacc.PNG

Below SLW male?
88xmaa.PNG

88xmab.PNG

Below SS?
88xmabc.PNG

SS male?
88xmb.PNG

88xmc.PNG

88xmd.PNG
88xme.PNG

88xmf.PNG

88xmg.PNG

88xmh.PNG
88xmi.PNG

88xmj.PNG

Golden laced polish after drinking yolk water.
88xmk.PNG

Below this one didn't look too good, but it got better. Exchequer chick white egg layers special.
88xml.PNG

A white cochin
88xmm.PNG

88xmn.PNG

88xmp.PNG

I did order a BA
88xmq.PNG

88xms.PNG

The black copper maran I ordered see the leg band.
88xmr.PNG

I am guessing from the rare chick order Sumatra seemed a bit pithy.
88xms.PNG

boy SS? from Fry pan bargain.
88xmt.PNG

Back
Top Bottom