Meyers, tracking and blizzard, oh my!

Merrymouse

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Hi. I need help. I ordered my chicks a while back from Meyers today was the hatch day. I called Friday because there is monster blizzard coming to Massachusetts tomorrow Tuesday 3/14. I was assured that they ship in bad weather and not to worry. Well, that is not in my nature. So I did an online chat with a very lovely women who checked my order and said it was marked as shipped this morning at 9:15am and that meant it was off to the post office and once it got to the post office And scanned in I would get a tracking number. So I've checked a million times and no tracking number yet. I have not received an email or any notification about a tracking number. I called my post office and told them I'm expecting a chick delivery. So has this happened to anyone else? No tracking number given? I'm just super worried about the blizzard. I really don't want the poor chickie babies to perish. Thanks

Hi. I need help. I ordered my chicks a while back from Meyers today was the hatch day. I called Friday because there is monster blizzard coming to Massachusetts tomorrow Tuesday 3/14. I was assured that they ship in bad weather and not to worry. Well, that is not in my nature. So I did an online chat with a very lovely women who checked my order and said it was marked as shipped this morning at 9:15am and that meant it was off to the post office and once it got to the post office And scanned in I would get a tracking number. So I've checked a million times and no tracking number yet. I have not received an email or any notification about a tracking number. I called my post office and told them I'm expecting a chick delivery. So has this happened to anyone else? No tracking number given? I'm just super worried about the blizzard. I really don't want the poor chickie babies to perish. Thanks

Meyers would Not ship if they felt there was a Problem. It takes a little time for the tracking number to get posted. Plug the brooder in!!

Last edited:
Did the post office say that they'd call you as soon as the babies come in? Also if they were already shipped out there should be a tracking number somewhere. I don't know anything about shipped chicks but with regular packages there's usually a tracking number right away once it hits the first post office.

You might check with your post office again, and ask if there is a place or central post office they go to before your post office gets them. It's always worrisome when you are expecting chicks, and especially tomorrow during bad weather.

I called my post office and told them I'm expecting a chick delivery. So has this happened to anyone else? No tracking number given? I'm just super worried about the blizzard. I really don't want the poor chickie babies to perish. Thanks
Hopefully the sorting facility in Shrewsbury will give you a call first thing in the morning. I've picked up there before. The PO employees I've met there do care about what happens to the chicks, and won't want to hold them until Wed.

Did the post office say that they'd call you as soon as the babies come in? Also if they were already shipped out there should be a tracking number somewhere. I don't know anything about shipped chicks but with regular packages there's usually a tracking number right away once it hits the first post office.
Yes and I did finally get a tracking # but it says

"a shipping label has been prepared for item at 2:07pm on March 13 in Polk, OH This does not indicate receipt by USPS or the actual mail date"

So whatever that means...
shipping label has been prepared for your item at 2:07 pm on March 13, 2017 in POLK, OH 44866. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. shipping label has been prepared for your item at 2:07 pm on March 13, 2017 in POLK, OH 44866. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

You might check with your post office again, and ask if there is a place or central post office they go to before your post office gets them. It's always worrisome when you are expecting chicks, and especially tomorrow during bad weather.
I did. I asked if I could go directly to pick up at the distribution center which is only about 1/2 hour from me but I was told they do not allow pick ups there.

Hopefully the sorting facility in Shrewsbury will give you a call first thing in the morning. I've picked up there before. The PO employees I've met there do care about what happens to the chicks, and won't want to hold them until Wed.
I asked at my post office if I could pick up at Shrewsbury and I was told I couldn't. Hey, if they call from Shrewsbury Ill go get them. Save them being jostled any more or out in the cold etc.

Thanks for all you help! I guess I just have to wait and hope all goes well. We are so close to spring and whammo----BLIZZARD!!!!!

I'm in a similar boat.

I also have chicks shipped today, but from cackle. I ordered them back in January and picked this date because I thought the weather would be spring like.
Ugh! Go away Stella!

Marsha, the lady from cackle said they would take necessary precautions with packing, and they would arrive at my PO on Wednesday.

Still no tracking number..... I know this isn't their first rodeo in this kind of weather, but it is mine.

I've ordered chicks before with wonderful results but a BLIZZARD? I'm nervous.

Wishing both of our boxes of chicks a safe journey.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom