MI Fall Fowl Fest 2014

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Peep-Chicken, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Anyone else going? I am not bringing any birds, this will be my second show. Can't wait!

October 11th-12th in Birch Run

See y'all there! :weee

www.fowlfest.com

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Yes, I'll be there Saturday, just to look. Around noon? Mary

3. mindylee

mindylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Lapeer Michigan
    I'm going to look. I don't show but love to look and buy.

I'm looking for quality Cochin bantam pullets/ hens with good type or even eggs. I am working on bettering my type in my flock and need some quality stock to help out.

If anyone can help me out
    I would be super greatful. I will be there Saturday morning.

4. Peep-Chicken

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    I have a mottled cochin bantam, although she is broody right now and is missing a toe nail. Depends if she is only for eggs, everything I sell seems to be killed :( [​IMG] you can see her current chick behind her

I want to go for the auctions :weee (There is auctions right?)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  5. mindylee

Nov 28, 2012
    Lapeer Michigan
    Yep for eggs, type, and diff bloodlines. I don't show and love love love Cochin bantams. I do breed them and sell eggs and chicks locally to help pay for them. I have approx 60 of them and all of them have names and spoiled rotten. All Are feed the best feeds and have a nice clean coop and run compleatly predator proof. I take a lot of pride in my birds and think the world of them. I'm a true crazy chicken momma that has my phone full of pics of chickens and not kids. Lol!
    I hear ya on selling and they get killed. It happens to me it seems when I sell. Its so sad to hear it since I know they was safe here.

How old is she and what are you asking for her?. I will be there 1st thing Saturday morning as I love to look at everything and to look at sales birds as I'm super picky if I do buy. 2 yes ago I got a salmon frev there and I just love her. She's a odd ball in the flock since she's not a Cochin... But I had to have her. So my hubby bought her for me and she's now part of the flock and special to me since my hubby got her for me since he's not a chicken person. :)

6. Peep-Chicken

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop

Good to hear you love your birds as much as I do! My Cochins name is Luna. How about I get back with ya on selling her? Right now she has three eggs that I am not sure are developing or not, as today is only day 3 ;)

Although when she does lay (she's been broody since June, although she has raised one chick during that time) it's colored tanish egg :)

7. mindylee

Nov 28, 2012
    Lapeer Michigan
    No prob.
    I have broodies all over sitting on empty nest.
    So dedicated for nothing but I just let it run its course. Just let me know. And hope to meet ya next weekend.

8. jorey

jorey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    north adams
    I'll be there bright and early also. Hope to see yam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by