Miami Twp Ohio Chickens

LoRib1965

In the Brooder
Jul 16, 2018
Is anyone interested in helping put together a proposal for backyard chickens in Miami Twp Ohio? I spoke to a nice man at the Miami Twp. zoning office. We had a good conversation and he said if I wanted to pursue changing the zoning laws we can meet and go over what would have to happen in order for something to go before the zoning board. He also said there are no guarantees it would be changed and there is a $300 fee to file. I would like to get copies of other communities proposals that were used to change their zoning to allow backyard chickens. If you are interested in helping with this, please let me know. If there isn't interest, then I may not pursue it. Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited:
Is anyone interested in helping put together a proposal for backyard chickens in Miami Twp Ohio? I spoke to a nice man at the Miami Twp. zoning office. We had a good conversation and he said if I wanted to pursue changing the zoning laws we can meet and go over what would have to happen in order for something to go before the zoning board. He also said there are no guarantees it would be changed and there is a $300 fee to file. I would like to get copies of other communities proposals that were used to change their zoning to allow backyard chickens. If you are interested in helping with this, please let me know. If there isn't interest, then I may not pursue it. Thanks for your consideration.

You should clarify which Miami Township in Ohio - there is more than one. Are you in Hamilton County, Clermont County or another county?

For more info, you can find the OH thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ohio-come-on-buckeyes-let-me-know-your-out-there.12049/

You can search the above thread or the BYC site for your area, city nearby, township, county, etc to see what may have been asked in the past.

Also, here is another BYC thread to search:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/local-chicken-laws-ordinances.37/

In addition, you may find a more active user on here that lives in your area and you can send them a PM (private message) on BYC. You can see who is active or when someone was last on BYC by clicking on their user name.

Good Luck to you!

You should clarify which Miami Township in Ohio - there is more than one. Are you in Hamilton County, Clermont County or another county?

For more info, you can find the OH thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ohio-come-on-buckeyes-let-me-know-your-out-there.12049/

You can search the above thread or the BYC site for your area, city nearby, township, county, etc to see what may have been asked in the past.

Also, here is another BYC thread to search:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/local-chicken-laws-ordinances.37/

In addition, you may find a more active user on here that lives in your area and you can send them a PM (private message) on BYC. You can see who is active or when someone was last on BYC by clicking on their user name.

Good Luck to you!

I am sorry, I didn't realize there are several Miami Townships. I am in Clermont County, Ohio.

I am sorry, I didn't realize there are several Miami Townships. I am in Clermont County, Ohio.

Good to know. It is surprising when there are same names in a close proximity. Years ago I lived in Miami township in Hamilton county, and now I live farther north, not in the Cincinnati area, and I think there is a Miami township in this northern area too...

We want to join in the good fight!
We just moved to Willnean Dr and would like to start BYC this fall. We couldn’t believe it when we saw the ordinance against BYC.
I’ll PM you and hopefully we can get a team together to petition the city.
Thanks for posting.

There is a bill pending in the Ohio house of representatives to override township joining laws to allow for small animals like chickens. This is Ohio House Bill 175. I live in Miami Township, Clermont County, Ohio and my Ohio representative is John Becker. He can be reached at (614) 466-8134. If we can move this out of committee and set for a vote that would be good. In the meantime, I would be interested in helping to loosen Miami Townships zoning rules. I just moved from Fayetteville, Ohio and I find the zoning laws here overburdening.

Thanks, Gary!
This is great for any Ohio chikeneers. My wife called John’s office and I am going to call later this month.
Have you heard any news on the bill moving though? Any idea what’s holding it up?

Back
Top Bottom