Miami Twp Ohio Chickens

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by LoRib1965, May 23, 2019.

1. LoRib1965

LoRib1965 Hatching

Jul 16, 2018
    Is anyone interested in helping put together a proposal for backyard chickens in Miami Twp Ohio? I spoke to a nice man at the Miami Twp. zoning office. We had a good conversation and he said if I wanted to pursue changing the zoning laws we can meet and go over what would have to happen in order for something to go before the zoning board. He also said there are no guarantees it would be changed and there is a $300 fee to file. I would like to get copies of other communities proposals that were used to change their zoning to allow backyard chickens. If you are interested in helping with this, please let me know. If there isn't interest, then I may not pursue it. Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal Flock! :celebrate Good luck!

3. Acre4Me

Acre4Me Crowing

Nov 12, 2017
    Western Ohio

You should clarify which Miami Township in Ohio - there is more than one. Are you in Hamilton County, Clermont County or another county?

For more info, you can find the OH thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ohio-come-on-buckeyes-let-me-know-your-out-there.12049/

You can search the above thread or the BYC site for your area, city nearby, township, county, etc to see what may have been asked in the past.

Also, here is another BYC thread to search:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/local-chicken-laws-ordinances.37/

In addition, you may find a more active user on here that lives in your area and you can send them a PM (private message) on BYC. You can see who is active or when someone was last on BYC by clicking on their user name.

Good Luck to you!

4. LoRib1965

LoRib1965 Hatching

Jul 16, 2018

5. LoRib1965

LoRib1965 Hatching

Jul 16, 2018
    I am sorry, I didn't realize there are several Miami Townships. I am in Clermont County, Ohio.

6. Acre4Me

Acre4Me Crowing

Nov 12, 2017
    Western Ohio
    Good to know. It is surprising when there are same names in a close proximity. Years ago I lived in Miami township in Hamilton county, and now I live farther north, not in the Cincinnati area, and I think there is a Miami township in this northern area too...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: