I was warned! I ignored the warning, but now I know it to be true! When I moved into this place, the owners warned me that it can get "crittery" here. Given that they and I are both outdoorsy environmentalists, I figured no biggie. After all, I grew up in the middle of nowhere, Nevada, and you don't get mousier than that. Wrong. This house is a geodesic dome, and as I sit here, I can hear them skittering, plotting, and chewing. Always chewing. I am going to have a full-on, Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-tale Heart freak-out if the chewing doesn't stop. There is also a sort of horrifying doppler effect as they run across the inside of the domed roof. We had a few mouse blooms last winter, but after a couple days of a trapping blitz, they were gone. This time I'm almost afraid there will be a ransom note when I go to check my traps. I set a half dozen traps at around 5:00pm tonight, and a moment ago I checked them. Not only had I already nabbed a mouse, but his friends had already partially devoured their fallen comrade. EEEEEEEHW! And yes, we're clean here. All bulk foods are in sealed tins, bins, or tubs. Including livestock feed and dog food. There is nothing appealing here. They just love us. On the bright side, someone here told me mice and rats dislike cohabitating, so at least it is just the little guys. I won't use poison because of the dogs, the sonic thing doesn't even slow them down, any other ideas besides LOTS of traps? ETA: please don't read this as whining, it's intended to be comedy. It's also unfortunately true , so advice also please!